Note: This is a recording of a webinar held on January 26, 2017.
This recorded webinar highlights federal programs and services, with emphasis on how health departments can leverage available resources that may improve health outcomes within communities they serve. Health departments, committed to maintaining and improving the health of the communities they serve, may be unaware of the vast array of federal programs and services that they can tap into to help them achieve their mission. For instance, within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Health Resources and Administration (HRSA) and the Office of Minority Health (OMH) share goals to achieve health equity and provision of essential health services to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable, including people living with HIV/AIDS, pregnant women, mothers, and their families and those in need of high-quality primary health care.
The course contains two modules: a content module and a resources and evaluation module. After accessing both modules, learners will earn a certificate of completion. When the certificate is available, learners will see a Certificate button on their dashboard.
This recording is approximately 90 minutes. There are no prerequisites. Participants will need a broadband internet connection (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred browsers) and computer speakers. For technical support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Trainer
Arlene Lester, DDS, MPH
Captain, United States Public Health Service
Regional Minority Health Consultant, Office of the Secretary, Office of Minority Health
Judy Trawick, RN, BSN, CPHQ
Public Health Analyst, Health Resources and Services Administration, Office of Regional Operations, Region IV
Michele Farris, MA
Senior Advisor, Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Workforce
Division of Regional Operations, Region IV
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31680, Public Health Training Centers for $4,348,992. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Access Office of Minority Health (OMH) resources to enhance provision of culturally and linguistically appropriates services in healthcare
- Access OMH resources to enhance capacity building, health disparities literature and funding searches
- Describe the mission and key programs of the Health Resources and Administration (HRSA)
- Discuss HRSA's data resources that health departments can use to assess community demographics, assets and needs
- Identify HRSA programs and services in your community to expand the workforce and provide care for women, children, families and people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- List HRSA funding opportunities available for health departments
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion for Online Module
Your cart is empty